Somfy Automation & Motorisation
Our Motorised & Remote Control Blinds & Awnings by Somfy
Over the past 25-years, Clarks Blinds & Screens has built partnerships only with suppliers who match our commitment to absolute quality. When it came to motorised blinds, Somfy automation was the obvious choice.
Motorised interior and exterior blinds are the perfect addition to the modern home. Offering flexibility and convenience, Somfy automation enhances your lifestyle with blinds, curtains and awnings all under your control with just the touch of a button.
You can even have your motorised blinds, curtains and awnings pre-set on a timer, so they open and close on a regular schedule. Not only will potential intruders think someone is always home, you can make enormous energy savings by having your blinds open as soon as the sun comes up in winter, or close at the hottest part of the day in summer.
Somfy Automation – The Technical StuffHome automation is all about improving your comfort and convenience. Somfy motorised blinds and curtains utilise a purpose-built electric motor to open and close via remote control, timer, or button. Somfy motors can be installed on all types of interior window coverings (from Roller blinds and Venetians through to Roman blinds and curtains) and outdoor blinds, security shutters and awnings. All Somfy’s products are designed in France at their very own research and development centre that is leading the market in terms of innovation. All their products undergo rigorous testing and inspection, according to highly detailed quality criteria. This helps to ensure performance, durability and longevity. Motorised blinds, curtains and awnings are custom solutions that must be installed by a professional. A Somfy certified expert, such as Clarks Blinds & Screens will need to help with your selection and then carefully handle the entire installation process.
Benefits of Somfy Automation
- With a silent motor, Somfy is designed to be both quiet and reliable
- Improve your property’s energy efficiency. Reduce your energy usage by controlling the amount of heat and light entering your home
- With the simple touch of a button, you can move your internal blinds, curtains or outdoor blinds and awnings to whatever position you like. You can add sensors and timers so your products work for you even when you’re not at home
- With Somfy Connexoon you can control your internal blinds, curtains or outdoor blinds and awnings from your mobile device, no matter where you are in the world
- Somfy’s world leading motors are fully concealed inside the tube of the blind. With the simple press of the remote control, you can impress your guests with a quiet and sophisticated automated system
Benefits of Motorising Internal Blinds & Curtains
- Loose cords and chains are a danger to young children. With Somfy motorised blinds and curtains, the cords and chains are completely removed, providing peace of mind for you and a safer environment for your children
- Manual operation can damage blinds and curtains through excessive force or improper use. Somfy’s smooth and controlled operation ensures maximum functionality and a longer lifespan
Benefits of Motorising Outdoor Blinds, Awnings & Security Shutters
- No more ugly, hard-to-operate handles on outdoor blinds and awnings, especially on a 40°C Melbourne summer’s day! Instead, you’ll be able to operate your motorised awnings easily with a remote control or smartphone. They lower to the height you want in a few seconds to provide ideal shade and sun for your outdoor entertaining area
- Somfy ensures a perfectly taut canvas on your awnings, with no rippling effect, so there will be no more crease lines or areas of sun bleaching
- All your security shutters can be controlled through a single button; no need to walk around your entire house, manually opening and closing every shutter
- Somfy motors come complete with technology that can detect obstacles when closing or opening security shutters, preventing damage and unnecessary breakages
Owned and run by the Vandeligt brothers, you can trust our family to deliver only the best for yours. If we wouldn’t install a product in own our house, it’s not good enough for yours.