Our Outdoor Roller & Security Shutters
Roller shutters (also known as security shutters) turn your home into a fortress, while still maintaining aesthetic appeal. Roller shutters sit on the exterior of your property, preventing intruders from entering in through weak spots, like windows. If you’re picturing prison-style corrugated iron, think again. Many of our customers opt for roller shutters just because they like the design—ask us about some design options today!
Clark’s Blinds & Screens can assist you with an entire house or just one roller shutter. With manual or motorised operation and numerous colours and feature stripes to choose from, we can customise a roller shutter that perfectly suits your home’s facade.
If aesthetics and security aren’t enough to sway you, consider the fact that roller shutters help keep your energy bill down. Roller shutters add another layer of insulation to your windows, which means your house stays warmer in winter and cooler in summer. That means less cooling and heating, which means less power usage, a lower carbon footprint and more money in your back pocket.
The Technical Stuff
All our roller shutters are built to withstand Melbourne’s extreme weather conditions, from the searing heat of summer, right through to the drenching rains of winter. That’s why all our shutters feature:
- Tough, interlocking aluminium slats that are rust and corrosion resistant
- A coating of baked, fade-resistant enamel to keep colours and patterns looking as bright and bold as new
- Slats that are double-ribbed, which increases their strength in the face of tough winds
Benefits of Roller Shutters
- Incredible insulation that doesn’t just keep the cold and heat out—the extra layer also protects you from noisy neighbours, hotted-up cars, fighting possums and anything else that wants to disturb your peace and quiet
- If you’re unlucky enough to have your bedroom right underneath a street light, or maybe you’re just a fussy sleeper, you’ll love the total blackout effect our roller shutters provide. You can enjoy a full night’s sleep in complete darkness knowing you are also 100% safe
- There are some heavily forested areas around the South East Suburbs and Gippsland, and the people of these areas live with the threat of fire almost every summer. Flames spread into homes via embers, and if you have roller shutters, you can prevent them from entering in through your windows