Our Security Screens & Fly Screens
Security screens are an essential part of modern property design. Trends have moved towards glass, and using large windows to create space within the home. In the past, security grills were the only way to protect these windows against attack and invasion. At Clarks Blinds & Screens we are sure to have the alternative you have been looking for.
Every property needs security, but security shouldn’t come at the expense of aesthetics. If you’ve gone to the effort and expense to create a light, airy home, you don’t want to detract from that by covering your windows with security grilles.
We work with the top security materials of including Invisi-Gard, ALU GARD, Colonial Castings, VISION-GARD. It does not matter what style or budget you have in mind, at Clark’s we have an option for your home!
Invisi-Gard Security Screens
Invisi-Gard security screens provide invisible security. You can rest easy in the knowledge that the weak points of your property are safe from intrusion, without having to compromise on your design ambitions. This is our most secure option.
Invisi-Gard security screens achieve this incredible feat through carefully designed technology, including:
- Fusing extruded aluminium perimeter framing with 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Mesh to provide impressive and stylish security.
- Thanks to the patented Extreme Grip Protection Retention System, screens can be customised to suit most styles and brands of window. The system also gives you the choice to order yours with or without midrails.
- The use of 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Mesh means that you benefit from the highest-grade stainless steel, and corrosion will never be an issue.
- Every screen is tested to Australian Standards AS5039-2008, so you really have nothing to worry about when it comes to Invisi-Gard’s reliability.
Maintenance is also incredibly easy. Invisi-Gard suggests only ever using a bit of hot and soapy with a soft-bristle brush to clean your screen. If you live near the coast, give your screens a wash every month or so to remove any salt residue. If you live in a rural area, you only have to clean your screens twice a year. A clean every three months or so is perfect if you live in a busier part of town.
For further information, download these detailed Invisi-Gard brochures:
- Invisi-Gard Specifications
- How Invisi-Gard Measures up to Australian Standards
- Invisi-Gard Care & Maintenance
- The Advantages of Invisi-Gard
Why Choose Invisi-Gard?
- 10 x the strength of the Australian Standard in terms of absorbed energy
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminium perimeter frame for extra strength
- The patented EGP retention system ensures the mesh can withstand dynamic impacts. In the testing required to meet AS5041-2008 the screen is subjected to an impact test. This test consists of a swinging bag weighing 40kg impacting the door five times. This test simulates a door being repeatedly kicked as a burglar attempts to break into your home
- The 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Mesh is extremely difficult to cut
- The patented EGP retention system means no unsightly screws or other fixings, and no contact between the mesh and frame. Plus, the EGP retention system actually pulls the mesh tightly into the frame. So, your door looks great and eliminates the possibility of sag
- Invisi-Gard is supported by a fifteen-year warranty from ALSPEC, a wholly Australian owned company that has been in the business of supplying building products to the high specification commercial building industry for more than 35 years
- The powder coat finish on Invsi-Gard has been specially developed to ensure great looks, clear vision and long life
- Invisi-Gard easily exceeds all relevant Australian and industry standards
- Each Invisi-Gard door and screen is custom built to suit your home
- A full range of standard colours is available for optimum aesthetic impact
Vision-Gard Security Screens
Want to prevent people from seeing into your home without ruining your views? If so, our Vision-Gard range is for you. Not only does this range look great, but they provide security, privacy, strength, and are corrosion resistant. As with all of our window security screen options, our Vision-Gard window screens are all manufactured in our Pakenham factory. This means you are getting screens that fit your home perfectly.
- Vision-Gard utilises a strong (1.6mm thick) aluminium sheet that is perforated and powder coated in Australia to exacting standards.
- Reduces the vision into the home.
- Clarity of vision from the inside.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Aperture of less than 2mm meets bushfire requirements.
- Tested and passed Australian Standards.
- Choice of retention systems.
- Manufactured in Australia.
- 7-year warranty
ALU-GARD Security Window Screens
ALU-GARD is the all-aluminium option that is perfect for Australian conditions. Its perforated aluminium sheet is retained within an aluminium frame. This design provides security, clarity of vision, strength, and corrosion resistance. What’s more, these screens look great on any home!
What makes ALU-GARD a great option?
- 1.6mm thick aluminium sheet that is perforated and powder coated to exacting standards.
- ALU-GARD passes Australian Standards AS5041-2003. This includes a knife shear test, dynamic impact test, and a jemmy test.
- We make them ourselves in our factory to your exact measurements.
- Matching the screens to your frames is not a problem.
- 7-year warranty
ALU-GRILLE Security Window Grille
For added peace of mind, we offer our customers ALU-GRILLE security grilles. Made from tempered aluminium for increased strength these security grilles, in combination with one of our security mesh options, offer the ultimate in home security.
Our Security Screens Portfolio